The Lead Analyst – SAP Business Systems serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to
provide and oversee technical solutions to meet user needs and align technology solutions with business strategies. This role
plans, designs, develops, launches and approves efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core
organizational functions and business processes. Gathers and analyzes data in support of business cases, proposed projects,
and systems requirements, configures, tests, implements, and support the solution, and possesses expertise in the business
function(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities.
- Facilitates discussions with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and
operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Leads design sessions in prototyping new system solutions for the purpose of enhancing business processes,
operations, and information process flow.
- Coordinates the review and analysis the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for
improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Oversees research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and support purchasing efforts.
- Leads analysis of business partner’s multi-faceted complex operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses
to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions.
- Performs in-depth complex business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
- Oversees agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business functional area(s) and IT
from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Uses understanding of technological trends to bring solutions to business units to enhance the company’s
- Translates multi-faceted, complex, high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT
organization, implements and manages changes to such specifications. Educates the IT organization on the direction
of the business.
- Configures and implements solutions that are integrated with business processes/data; Oversees system design
proposals and determine buy versus build decisions.
- Reviews reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operating
systems across the organization.
- Responsible for adhering to IT Applications change management processes, including tracking and confirming
changes throughout the landscape; reviews and confirms changes as required by the SAP Enterprise Architect.
- Creates multi-faceted complex systems models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors,
coaches, trains, and develops team.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred.
- 8+ years progressive business systems experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8+ years SAP hands-on experience in their functional area of expertise.
- Periodic travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.