The Systems Integration Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining system integrations and components,
including but not limited to; application-to-application integration, internal and external API, file transfer, and EDI. The Systems
Integration Specialist is fully responsible for participating in requirements analysis and decomposition, design, development,
internal testing, and the technical documentation for application-to-application integrations.
- Supports project level technical management functions including the following but not limited to the items below:
o System functional definition
o Defining integration development/deployment schedules and management of his/her key areas of
responsibility to completion.
o Coordinating with software engineering and architecture groups, and overall project management to insure
proper system and project performance.
- Collaborates with Solutions Architects and Senior application analysts in order to ensure integration requirements and
department goals are being met.
- Lead the development, design and implementation of new and existing integrations.
- Design and develop robust, scalable, and performant enterprise-grade integrations and composite services.
- Define and collaborate on critical technology decisions.
- Strategize and drive the end-to-end development effort for on time, high quality, highly scalable integration offerings
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between applications, development of specifications and
performance requirements, and/or resolve customer problems.
- Drive technical innovation by researching and incorporating new technologies and tools into our core system.
- Modify existing interfaces to correct errors, adapt them to new business problems, or to upgrade them to improve
- Take ownership of technical issues and collaborate with application development and support groups to resolve more
advanced issues when necessary.
- Consult with customers or other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as integration
system design or maintenance related activities.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan the deployment of a new or modifications to existing
- Perform analysis of endpoint systems to determine most effective interface strategy. Systems include internal, cloud-
based, external services and mobile devices; various operating systems and databases; SAP and non-SAP
applications including legacy architectures.
- Execute and/or support functional integration testing of the services for which they are responsible.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related field; or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years progressive Software Engineering and/or integration experience required.
- Minimum two (3) years’ experience with:
o Server-side languages: Java,
o Experience with SAP Process Integration / Process Orchestration 7.4 or higher, including knowledge of SAP
Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Rules Management (BRM).
o HTML, CSS, and JSON,
o XML and XSLT ((Extensible stylesheet language transformations),
o REST/ RESTful based API design and development,
- In-depth knowledge of SAP ECC integration using synchronous and asynchronous ABAP proxies.
- Experience in working with SAP PO B2B add-on including traditional VAN based EDI, SFTP, FTP based EDI, PGP
and AS2 will be an advantage.
- Enable communications between our PO system and downstream systems including
installing and authenticating CERTS.
- Experience in configuration of Partner Profiles, RFC Destinations, Logical Systems.
- Experience with Enterprise Service Repository including runtime, pipeline, and execution environment,
monitoring, alerts, and trace tools.
- Experience with SAP Solution Manager.
- Knowledge of SAP business processes related to SD, MM, FI, PP and WM.
- SAP basis experience is a plus.
- Provide production support and work to identify and resolve system performance issues.
- Understanding of security implications to all features (not just related to authentications).
- Fluent with designing and building integrations where scalability and performance are important considerations.
- Strong foundation in computer science including object-oriented programming, data structures, problem-solving,
algorithms, databases, software design and highly distributed system fundamentals.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS; multi-threading and web services
including SOAP, REST, and GraphQL.
- Solid understanding of different security technologies such as SSO (OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML), SSL/TLS,
and providers (Auth0, Okta, Google).
- Experience working on different operating systems including Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Window, UNIX.
- Ability to execute meaningful research on new technologies and frameworks in order to support emergent
requirements and develop new capabilities.
- ABAP certification a plus
- Experience in developing API via SAP BAPI, IDOCs and Workflows.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management
(from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization,
as well as internal and external clients.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.